My husband is a man of no needs, wants, or complaints. He doesn’t want anything for special occasions/holidays and I can’t remember a time when he stated what he wanted for any of his birthdays. The good thing is, if I don’t get him anything, he can’t blame me, (haha!). The bad thing is, I do feel bad and I have to guess what he would appreciate.
So here are my guesses, and maybe it would help you think of gifts for your husbands too.
- Tickets to a basketball game: He would have enjoyed going to a Warriors vs. Lakers/Clippers game, but too bad the Warriors are done playing at the Staples Center this season. ehehe. Next time I’ll try to remember to buy tickets at the beginning of the season.
- PS4: Oh, I’ve known he would like this very much, but I’ve been disinclined because he is such a game addict! He has grown up playing video games and once he starts playing, he has to play nonstop until he beats it. My sister bought him one of those old Nintendo consoles for Christmas and he beat the Mario game in a week’s time. I don’t know; I’m still reluctant to let him get a PS4. This is last on my list, but I know it would be one of his first choices, if he had a choice.
- Guitar stands: His guitars lay scattered on the floor or stand tilted along the wall gathering dust. This is definitely not on his wish list, but it would be me giving him a chance to do something about it. :P
- Tickets to a concert: He loves concerts. He bought Mute Math and John Mayer tickets last year but we couldn’t go because I was really sick those days. This tends to happen more often than not–canceling events due to me getting sick last minute. I have to figure out what bands he likes listening to and if they have concerts in SoCal in the coming weeks/months, and hope and pray that I don’t get sick that day.
- A new laptop/computer: Way too pricey, therefore very unlikely. And I need a new computer too. We need to save up for these.
- Weekend getaway: He would appreciate lounging around doing nothing, enjoying good food, and maybe even a spa day with a professional massage session.
- A smart watch: He loves his tech gadgets. Since he wants to switch to a Samsung 9 phone (goodbye, Apple) for his upgrade this year, I have to research which watches would be compatible.
- Amazon Echo 2nd Generation: Although Alexa often fails many commands, she is still somewhat useful for certain tasks. I think he would appreciate one in his new office.
I’m out of ideas, and I still don’t know which one to go for, but I’m leaning towards the watch.
If you have other ideas, please let me know!